Dates: February 26 - 27, 2019 The Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center | San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
Summit Focus: Building a Resilient, Efficient & Sustainable Energy Future
The 2019 Summit is a senior level educational forum. It will focus on the technical capabilities and innovations that are allowing for advanced microgrid projects and increased penetration of renewables and DERS into the grid.
Equally, the Summit will also serve as a conduit for developing the strategic business models and use cases while discussing the current regulatory and market landscape.
September 2018 Microgrids & DERS Summit, Alexandria, VA photos
Why Should you Attend the Summit?
RSC professional forums offer you the rare opportunity to truly partake in senior level, off the record, in depth dialogue and discussions towards the topics at hand.
We bring together a diverse group of leaders, innovators, implementers and end-users to engage in two days of detailed, moderated plenary and panel discussions that are driven by actionable take aways for all in attendance.
Seating is limited! Our forum invokes the feel of a ‘Town Hall’ format (round table seating), where you are offered the ability to help shape the topics at hand by offering your perspective, ideas and questions during the sessions.
Ample networking time is built in to both days to allow for you to meet and engage all in attendance in an efficient and effective manner.
Join us and walk away with knowledge gained, and collaborations established as leaders in the community come together to build out the near future of microgrids and DERS.
Several 2019 Summit Speakers Include
(please download agenda for all speakers & sessions):
CAPT Curtis Jones, USN
Chief of Staff, Navy Region Southwest, Commander, Navy Installations Command
Mr. Mark Kneidinger
SES, Deputy Director of National Risk Management Center, Department of Homeland Security
COL John Hurley, USA
Commander, U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville
Col Patrick Miller, USAF
Vice Commander, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command
Mr. Jonathan Adelman
Vice President, Strategic Resources and Business Planning, Xcel Energy
Dr. Thomas Bialek
Chief Engineer, SDG&E
Mr. Andy Butcher
COO, Platte River Power Authority
Ms. Shelee Kimura
Senior Vice President, Business Development and Strategy, Hawaiian Electric Company
Mr. Walker Wright
Vice President, Public Policy, ENGIE Storage
Mr. Vincent Zabukovec
Manager, Distribution Planning & Reliability , LADWP
Dr. Keith Casey
Vice President, Market and Infrastructure Development, CAISO
Mr. Elijah Abinah
Director, Utilities, Arizona Corporation Commission
Mr. Simon Baker
Deputy Director, Energy Division, California Public Utilities Commission
Mr. Drew Bohan
Executive Director, California Energy Commission
Mr. Branden Sudduth
Vice President of Reliability Planning and Performance Analysis,Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC)
Mr. Tobias Whitney
Technical Executive, EPRI
Mr. Bob Morris
Chief Engineering Services Officer, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
Mr. Larsh Johnson
Mr. Vish Ganti
Director of Strategy, AutoGrid
Mr. Nathan Wyeth
Director, Grid Services, Sunrun
Participating Organizations at 2018 EAST Summit Included:
- Sample of leading utilities in attendance at 2018 EAST included: Duke Energy, Southern Company, Dominion Energy, American Electric Power, EDF Energy, Ameren, ConEd, National Grid, AES, TVA, ComEd, LADWP
- Sample of military organizations in attendance at 2018 EAST Summit: CERDEC, U.S. Army, OPNAV, ARL, ASN(RD&A ), Commander, Navy Installations Command, Air National Guard, USCG Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center, Marine Corps Installations Command, USAF, office of OASD, Energy, Installations & Environment , office of Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installations, and Environment; office of U.S. Army (OEI), NAVFAC HQ Public Works (PW), U.S. Army ERDC
- Sample of federal and state government agencies and non profit organizations in attendance:FERC ; FEMP, DOE; D.C. Department of Energy & Environment; U.S House of Representatives ; US Department of Justice; Port Authority of NY & NJ; EPA, Cyber Division/ FBI ; PJM Interconnection, Edison Electric Institute, MIT, NRECA, Washington State Legislature
- Sample of industry and innovation organizations in attendance at 2018 EAST included: Amersco, The Roosevelt Group, Emera Technologies, Edison Electric Institute, EnerNex, Honda R & D Americas, S & C Electric Company, Schneider Electric, Blue Pillar, Eaton Corporation, Go Electric Inc., Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, RMF Engineering, GE Grid Solutions
At Our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing intelligence officers and analyst.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some the latest technologies of processing, exploitation and dissemination of automated intelligence
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments.